Monday, June 25, 2007

Sound of Madrid: Weekend Jazz



People said last Friday was the longest day, luckily I was right in downtown Madrid that night and close enough to the delightful weekend Jazz...

Almost half of the small cafe y restaurante was full of tourists like me and the rest couples at their 50s or 60s...this was a very different experience from what I had in shanghai where live Jazz was "spoiled" usually played in fancy night clubs or five star hotels with dressed listeners, making me wonder--- what is more important--- the Jazz? or the place?

The play continued for two hours, the resonance was strong, I could feel all the beats from the performing stage; people were enjoying, sending applauses spontaneously from time to time; I love their improvisational part most, the call and response between piano and saxophone, the polyrhythms, and the swing...

No comments: